Money on the Bookshelf
The Explorers Club Money on the Bookshelf is a financial literacy program for children ages 5-12. It's designed to encourage young readers to practice and sharpen their reading skills, while learning how to earn, spend and save money. Books are available for check-out at both Embark offices and participants or the participant's parent, grandparent or guardian must be a member of Embark. Program is limited to one-time per child.
How do I get my children or grandchildren started?
- Check out a book at Embark Credit Union*
- Read the book and complete the worksheet together
- Bring the book and worksheet to the Credit Union
- Complete all 10 books and we'll give your child or grandchild a $10 Barnes & Noble gift card!
Which books are available?
- Something Good
- Ox-Cart Man
- The Berenstain Bears & Mana's New Job
- A Bargain for Frances
- The Berenstain Bears Trouble With Money
- Tight Times
- A Chair For My Mother
- Pigs Will Be Pigs
- Alexander, Who Used To Be Rich Last Sunday
- How The Second Grade Got $8,205.50 To Visit The Statue Of Liberty
* Only one book per child may be checked out per time.